We’re (Totally) Excited for Parent Teacher Conferences (Totally)

Azarias Sepulveda

Az Sepulveda, Writer

Attention all students! Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Thursday, March 12 from 1:00pm-8:00pm and Friday, March 13 from 8:00am-3:30pm.

This is an exciting time for any student, as our parents will be meeting with our favorite (and less favorite) teachers to discuss students’ grades and how they are doing in the classroom environment.

For anybody who has been with their parents during these conferences, they can prove to be quite stressful.

Bennett Zink, a junior at Black River, said his parents don’t usually go to conferences. This reflects the sentiments of many other students. When questioned if he was excited for parent teacher conferences, Bennett added, “no.” Such a well spoken young man.

Jade Oviedo-Saetang, a fellow junior, said, “I don’t like them.”

Junior Andrea Mecino-De La Rosa expressed that it is sometimes necessary for students to talk to their teachers with a parent present, but not her as she is extremely intelligent.

Fatima Sharief, another junior, said her parents will likely be disappointed. She also stated she was “absolutely” excited for the conferences, even though she is infamous for her in-class napping habits and added, “I don’t like them because I don’t want my parents to know I sleep in all my classes.”

Students, this is the time to keep your head up, grades up, and buy your teachers Starbucks gift cards.